Who are we?
We are the only specialist service in Victoria for people with Huntington’s Disease (HD).We are a not for profit organisation funded both by the Victorian Government, and by donations from the public.
What do we do?
- Provide information and advice to help people with HD and their families make decisions about their care
- connect people to the services and support they need
- Assist people with HD to live independently for as long as possible
- Provide expert support for clients attending specialist HD clinics
- Provide support for carers and families
- Advocate to government policy makers and deliverers of services for improved access to services for people with HD
- Educate health professionals and direct care staff about how to support people with HD
- Increase understanding and knowledge of HD in the community
- Support research that improves the quality of life of people affected by HD